Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FARKLE!!!

DIRECTIONS

The players take turns rolling the dice, with the objective of having the highest score above 10,000 in the final round.
During each player’s turn, they initially roll six-dice trying to score points. As long as they score at last one point, they can remove the scoring dice from play, and either bank their points or continue rolling.
If the dice you roll do not score any points, you pass the dice and you get a Farkle, losing all points accumulated for that turn.
If the player manages to score on all six dice, they have “hot dice” and may choose to roll all six-dice again, or they can bank the points and pass the dice.

~~~~~~~~

So I went over to Tata's house to babysit yesterday...needless to say I didn't go home right away

I stayed for dinner and then Tata and I went into the bedroom and started to play on the computer.

Earlier Tata had found Farkle on Facebook--we found directions for Farkle a long time ago and it has been a favorite in our house since and finding it on the computer was wonderful.

ANYWAYS--

Tata and I are laying on her bed taking turns playing Farkle on the computer.

We finally go a high score of 9750 and thought we were the coolest.

But as luck would have it we could not do that great a second time and we continued to Farkle our dice.

The one game that I remember clearly was the one that made the two of us almost fall off the bed laughing....we were literally rolling. (Erik and the girls could not figure out what was wrong with us)

This particular game consisted of TEN Farkles and a score of -1500

considering that there are only ten chances to earn points...